September 2018 Stassi home

My second Home was the Stassi home, one in my
garden district neighborhood.
As pretty as it is, still one of my favorites, I look at it and
see just how much easier home portraits have become for me.
At this time, people on my facebook garden district page
was showing much interest and I had about 10 orders.
I thought I was overwhelmed back then,..
Now sitting on over 80 orders.
I still had not begun to paint on slate yet and
was using floor tiles.
I remember this one being a challenge for me as I did not know
how I would do those hurricane shutters and the brick walk way.
I was new in learning how to seal my work and on this particular one,
I had to unseal and reseal twice. 
Of course, I was a novice back then, would not have called
myself an artist by no means at this time.
Yet, I knew I had fallen into something that no one else was doing
and I wanted my portraits to be something personal,
that when the client looked at the painting they had fond 
memories of times spent there.
Chris was pleased and her home began the popularity in my
garden district neighborhood.
Will always have a special fondness in my heart for the 
first few as they were like my babies.
Thanks Chris for allowing me to use your portrait!

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Being alone does not mean being lonely

Home portraits